Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- Detroit Boat Show - Cobo Center, February 11-19, 2017
- "Love and Coffey" - a Valentine's Day event with Motown legend and original Funk Brother, Dennis Coffey. Guests will have the chance to meet Coffey and purchase a personalized, signed copy of his newest album HOT COFFEY in the D. Guests can continue connecting with Coffey during a special "Coffey and Conversation" portion of the event that will take place from 6-6:30 p.m. in Studio A. Motown Museum, February 14, 2017. For more information, visit www.motownmuseum.org
- Our Role. Our Response. Our Action - Join us to meet and work with representatives from groups actively seeking to enhance and celebrate the health and diversity of Southeast Michigan. Participating organizations include Affirmations, Detroit Jews for Justice, Farmington SAFE, HAVEN, NAACP, Syrian American Refugee Network, and TAKE ON HATE. Farmington Community Library, 32737 W 12 Mile Rd, Farmington Hills, Thursday, February 16, 7:00-8:30 pm
- WBA 3rd Friday Wine Tasting - in conjunction with the Mannequin Challenge event taking place in Downtown Wyandotte, Biddle Avenue between Oak St and Eureka Rd, Friday February 17, 2017 - 7-9pm
- "The Love Hangover" - Three of Michigan’s hottest Americana bands and a moonlighting priest will explore the love song in all its guises at this annual benefit concert for the Breakfast at St. Andrew’s program, feeding the hungry every day since 1982. The Ark, Ann Arbor, Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
- Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser - hosted by Ancient Order of Hibernian, to Fund the Royal Oak St. Patrick’s Day Parade, VFW 1669th, Acorn Post, 214 E 4th St, Royal Oak, February 23, 2017, 5:00-7:30 pm
- Great Lakes Comic-Con - Macomb Community College, Warren, February 24-25, 2017
- PaczKi Run - The 5k route winds through Hamtramck, highlighting the city that boasts "The world in 2 square miles." begins and ends at the intersection of Jos. Campu and Hanley in Hamtramck, Saturday, February 25, 2017
- 10th Annual Bocce Palooza - to benefit the Mary and Charles A. Parkhill Foundation who raises funds that are granted to individuals, in the form of scholarships, to obtain occupational and physical therapy services. Palazzo Di Bocce, Lake Orion, Saturday, February 25, 2017, 6 pm. Contact Stephanie Villalobos at (734) 743-2906 or email@example.com or visit www.parkhillfoundation.com.
- Greater Farmington Film Festival - a selection of feature films and documentaries that engage the heart and mind, explore important contemporary issues, and inspire action. Films with a conscience. Good films for a better world. Smith Theater at OCC, Farmington Civic Theater, Holocaust Memorial Center, and The Riviera Cinema, March 2-5, 2017
- Detroit Whisky Festival - Shed 3 of Detroit's Eastern Market, Friday, March 3, 2017
- Pewabic Pottery Empty Bowls Event - guests purchase a bowl donated by local students and artists and then enjoy a complimentary soup lunch. The proceeds from this event benefit Gleaners Community Food Bank to help feed our neighbors in need. Pewabic Pottery, 10125 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, Saturday, March 11, 2017 from 11 am-2 pm.
- 2017 St. Patrick's Parade - along Washington Avenue south from 11 Mile Road, Royal Oak, Saturday, March 11, 2017, starting at 11:00 am.
- Dearborn Women's Expo - Proceeds Benefit Relay for Life Dearborn. Great Retail Therapy! 100 Exhibitors. Silent Auction 50-50 raffle Duck Pond for Prizes. Fitness & Fashion shows. $3 Admission. FREE Parking. Children under 12 FREE. Ford Community & Performing Arts Center 15801 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, Sunday, March 12, 2017, 10am to 5pm. For more information & discount coupon for admissions: http://www.showforwomen.com/expo-home-page.html or https://www.facebook.com/events/575437332667624/.
- Science and Engineering Fair of Metro Detroit - Cobo Center, March 14-18, 2017
- 4th annual Women's Power Happy Hour - hundreds of powerful women come together to help kick off Gleaners Food Bank's Million Meal Match to help feed hungry children - MGM Grand Detroit, March 23, 2017
- All Things Detroit & Food Truck Rally - dine on Detroit delectables and sample savory sweet treats, as well as acquire acclaimed products and services from in and around Detroit. Most importantly, patrons and participants are also supporting small businesses. Eastern Market, Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- The 2017 Women’s World Hockey Championships will take place, for the first time ever, at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Michigan.
The teams competing in Plymouth, in ranking order, include USA, Canada, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Germany. This will be the last Women’s World Championship conducted prior to the 2018 Olympics, meaning fans will have a chance to see many of the same players they will watch on TV less than a year later when they compete in Pyeongchang, South Korea. This is only the fourth Women’s World Championship to be hosted in the United States. USA Hockey Arena, Plymouth, March 31 - April 7, 2017
- March for Science-Detroit. Satellite march to support the national March for Science, a celebration of our passion for science and a call to support and safeguard the scientific community. Detroit location to be announced. Metro Detroit marchers needed! There is no corporate sponsorship so please DONATE to help fund this event: http://www.gofundme.com/sciencemarchdetroit - Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, 2017, 1:00 pm
- March for Science - Ann Arbor. Sister march of the national March for Science. [Local volunteers needed - sign up HERE.] Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, 2017
- 41st annual "Slice for Life" fundraiser -
From 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on April 24, patrons who purchase a ticket can visit any Buddy’s Pizza full-service location to enjoy an all-you-can-eat two-topping pizza and salad meal. A carry-out option is also available.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $7 for children. Advance tickets can be purchased online at www.cskdetroit.org, or by calling 313.579.2100 ext. 170. Tickets will also be available at the door. All ticket holders may also register to win one 8-square Buddy’s Pizza every month for one year. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Capuchin Soup Kitchen’s community outreach services.
- Women's Power Breakfast Event - Enjoy a light breakfast and inspiring program to help raise one million meals for hungry children. Cobo Center, April 27, 2017
- Shell Eco-marathon Americas - See new technologies, and have fun with live music shows. At the heart of the event will be the Shell Eco-marathon student mileage challenge where more than 100 teams from all over the Americas design and build the most fuel efficient vehicles that the best bright young minds can imagine. The teams then compete on a specially-designed track around Cobo Center to see just how far they can drive on the equivalent of one liter of fuel. Cobo Center, Detroit, April 28-30, 2017
- Movement Electronic Music Festival - Hart Plaza, Detroit, May 27-29, 2017
- Cinetopia International Film Festival - June 1-11, 2017 - details TBA