Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- March for Science-Detroit. Satellite march to support the national March for Science, a celebration of our passion for science and a call to support and safeguard the scientific community. Detroit location to be announced. Metro Detroit marchers needed! T-shirts and hoodies now available here or donate to help fund this event: http://www.gofundme.com/sciencemarchdetroit - Meet at Hart Plaza, Detroit, Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, 2017, 1:00 pm
- Spring Forward on Six Mile - BLOCK PARTY! Join us as we celebrate community and a re-imagined streetscape on McNichols! The event will feature activities for all ages, including a pop-up market with local vendors and entertainment. Bring your bicycle to test out the temporary bike lanes too! On McNichols between San Juan and Prairie streets. Saturday, April 22, 2017, 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- March for Science - Ann Arbor. Sister march of the national March for Science. Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, 2017
- Belle Isle Spring Clean Up 2017 - Registration and Site-Assignment begins at 8:00 AM at the Flynn Pavilion on Belle Isle. Clean Up Event will last from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM island-wide. Hotdog Lunch to end the afternoon of hard work will take place at 1:00 PM at the Flynn Pavilion. Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, 2017
- Bookstock, Used Book & Media Sale - Proceeds from the sale support education and literacy projects in the Detroit metropolitan area and beyond. Laurel Park Place, Six Mile & Newburgh, Livonia, April 23-30, 2017
- 41st annual "Slice for Life" fundraiser -
From 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on April 24, patrons who purchase a ticket can visit any Buddy’s Pizza full-service location to enjoy an all-you-can-eat two-topping pizza and salad meal. A carry-out option is also available.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $7 for children. Advance tickets can be purchased online at www.cskdetroit.org, or by calling 313.579.2100 ext. 170. Tickets will also be available at the door. All ticket holders may also register to win one 8-square Buddy’s Pizza every month for one year. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Capuchin Soup Kitchen’s community outreach services.
- Women's Power Breakfast Event - Enjoy a light breakfast and inspiring program to help raise one million meals for hungry children. Cobo Center, April 27, 2017
- Shell Eco-marathon Americas - See new technologies, and have fun with live music shows. At the heart of the event will be the Shell Eco-marathon student mileage challenge where more than 100 teams from all over the Americas design and build the most fuel efficient vehicles that the best bright young minds can imagine. The teams then compete on a specially-designed track around Cobo Center to see just how far they can drive on the equivalent of one liter of fuel. Cobo Center, Detroit, April 28-30, 2017
- International Ride of Silence - On May 17, 2017 at 7:00 pm, the Ride of Silence will begin in North America and roll across the globe. We'll meet at Belle Isle (Shelter TBD). Cyclists will take to the roads in a silent procession to honor cyclists who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. Although cyclists have a legal right to share the road with motorists, the motoring public often isn't aware of these rights, and sometimes not aware of the cyclists themselves. This is a sweeper-supported ride, approximately 10 miles. Belle Isle Park, Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 7:00 pm.
- Movement Electronic Music Festival - Hart Plaza, Detroit, May 27-29, 2017
- Cinetopia International Film Festival - June 1-11, 2017 - details TBA