Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- Wayne County Lightfest - features more than 47 giant animated holiday themed displays. Enter at Hines Drive and Merriman Road in Westland and exit onto Warren Avenue near Telegraph. The address for the Lightfest is 7651 Merriman Road in Westland. There is a $5 fee per vehicle to enter the Lightfest. Toy Night Tuesdays are November 25, December 2, 9 and 16; on these nights, the community is invited to bring a new, unwrapped toy in lieu of the $5 vehicle fee. Toys will be donated to the Wayne County Family Center. Lightfest will be open November 20 through December 31 (closed December 25) from 7-10 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 6-10 p.m. Friday - Sunday.
- Hob Nobble Gobble® - the premiere fundraiser for America’s Thanksgiving Parade® - Ford Field, Detroit, Friday, November 21, 2014
- Holiday Magic Parade - Downtown Royal Oak, November 23, 2014, 2:00-3:30 pm
- Lagniappe - holiday entertainment, visit with Santa, free horse-drawn carriage rides - Downtown Rochester, Monday, November 24, 2014, 6-9 pm
- The Big, Bright Light Show - The buildings in downtown Rochester will be covered with more than 1 million points of glimmering holiday light.
The Big, Bright Light Show will debut on November 24 during Lagniappe at 7:00 pm. The display will be lit every evening (5 pm – Midnight) from November 24 through January 4, 2015. Most stores are open Monday – Saturday, until 9 pm.
Thanksgiving Parade® - Woodward Avenue, Detroit, Thursday, November
- 10th annual Shop Detroit - The event will offer information about local retailers, special discounts & freebies and free shuttle service to retail options throughout greater downtown. The event is free but attendees are encouraged to sign-up here. - D:Hive Welcome Center,
1253 Woodward Ave,
Detroit, MI 48226, Saturday, November 30, 2014 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Hometown Holidays - A day of shopping, dining and playing in Berkley with entertainment on the street, discounts offered by restaurants and ending the day with the Holiday Lights Parade. Downtown Berkley, December 6, 2014