Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- 4th annual Women's Power Happy Hour - hundreds of powerful women come together to help kick off Gleaners Food Bank's Million Meal Match to help feed hungry children - MGM Grand Detroit, March 23, 2017
- Krewes du Rouge - Midtown Edition - The krewes build neighborhood pride, costumes, and more at parties leading up to the Marche du Nain Rouge parade. Meet us at Traffic Jam & Snug, a Detroit institution (and Detroit's first brewpub!) for award winning beer, delicious bites, Motor City Zydeco, and a floor show by Caribbean Mardi Gras Productions! Thursday, March 23, 2017
- All Things Detroit & Food Truck Rally - dine on Detroit delectables and sample savory sweet treats, as well as acquire acclaimed products and services from in and around Detroit. Most importantly, patrons and participants are also supporting small businesses. Eastern Market, Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- The 2017 Women’s World Hockey Championships will take place, for the first time ever, at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Michigan.
The teams competing in Plymouth, in ranking order, include USA, Canada, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Germany. This will be the last Women’s World Championship conducted prior to the 2018 Olympics, meaning fans will have a chance to see many of the same players they will watch on TV less than a year later when they compete in Pyeongchang, South Korea. This is only the fourth Women’s World Championship to be hosted in the United States. USA Hockey Arena, Plymouth, March 31 - April 7, 2017
- March for Science-Detroit. Satellite march to support the national March for Science, a celebration of our passion for science and a call to support and safeguard the scientific community. Detroit location to be announced. Metro Detroit marchers needed! T-shirts and hoodies now available here or donate to help fund this event: http://www.gofundme.com/sciencemarchdetroit - Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, 2017, 1:00 pm
- March for Science - Ann Arbor. Sister march of the national March for Science. [Local volunteers needed - sign up HERE.] Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, 2017
- 41st annual "Slice for Life" fundraiser -
From 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on April 24, patrons who purchase a ticket can visit any Buddy’s Pizza full-service location to enjoy an all-you-can-eat two-topping pizza and salad meal. A carry-out option is also available.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $7 for children. Advance tickets can be purchased online at www.cskdetroit.org, or by calling 313.579.2100 ext. 170. Tickets will also be available at the door. All ticket holders may also register to win one 8-square Buddy’s Pizza every month for one year. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Capuchin Soup Kitchen’s community outreach services.
- Women's Power Breakfast Event - Enjoy a light breakfast and inspiring program to help raise one million meals for hungry children. Cobo Center, April 27, 2017
- Shell Eco-marathon Americas - See new technologies, and have fun with live music shows. At the heart of the event will be the Shell Eco-marathon student mileage challenge where more than 100 teams from all over the Americas design and build the most fuel efficient vehicles that the best bright young minds can imagine. The teams then compete on a specially-designed track around Cobo Center to see just how far they can drive on the equivalent of one liter of fuel. Cobo Center, Detroit, April 28-30, 2017
- Movement Electronic Music Festival - Hart Plaza, Detroit, May 27-29, 2017
- Cinetopia International Film Festival - June 1-11, 2017 - details TBA