Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- Peace Forum - Royal Oak and surrounding communities are coming together for a non-denominational, non-partisan program of peace, solidarity and healing, in light of the negative events and media affecting our families post-election. Royal Oak First United Methodist Church, 320 W. 7th St., Royal Oak, Sunday, Dec. 4, 2016, 5:30 p.m.
- Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village -
lantern-lit paths, costumed presenters, horse-drawn wagons and Model T rides, plus Santa with live reindeer and a fireworks finale each evening. December 2-4, 9-11, 16-18, 20-23, and 26-30, 2016, 6:30-10:00 pm
- Birmingham Winter Markt - European food and drinks, gift items, holiday greens, crafts, ice carving demonstrations, live reindeer, warming stations, a Kinderhaus children’s activity area, the popular Santa House, horse-drawn carriage rides and live entertainment. Shain Park, Birmingham, December 2-4, 2016
- Wayne County Lightfest - As the Midwest’s largest and longest drive-through light show, Lightfest features more than 47 giant animated holiday themed displays. The entire light show has been converted to environmentally beneficial LED lights. The entrance for the Lightfest is on Merriman Road between Ann Arbor Trail and Warren Avenue in Westland. The address is 7651 Merriman Road in Westland. Lightfest is open Mondays-Thursdays 7-10pm; Fridays-Sundays 6-10 pm. through December 31, 2016. However, Lighfest is closed on Christmas Day, Dec. 25.
- Christmas Market 2016: Peace - unique gifts and holiday decor by Michigan artists. Anton Art Center, Mount Clemens, through December 23, 2016 (closed Mondays)
- Wild Lights at The Detroit Zoo - take in the lights and the sights and enjoy holiday entertainment and activities for guests of all ages, November 18-20, 25-27; December 1-4, 8-11, 15-23, 26-31, 2016
- The Big, Bright Light Show - The buildings in downtown Rochester will be covered with more than 1 million points of glimmering holiday light.
The display will be lit every evening (5 pm – Midnight) through January 1, 2017. Most stores are open Monday – Saturday, until 9 pm.
- Santa Visits Maybury Farm - Santa will be waiting to meet with kids of all ages on his antique sleigh in the Maybury Farm Welcome Center, Northville - December 3, 4, 10, 11, 17 & 18, 2016
- FLAVOR - presented by Metro Times, FLAVOR celebrates the local culinary scene by bringing together more than 20 leading Detroit-area restaurants. Garden Theater, Detroit, Thursday, December 8, 2016
- Belle Isle Holiday Stroll - Explore Belle Isle attractions including the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory, Belle Isle Aquarium, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Belle Isle Boat Club, and Belle Isle Nature Zoo at this family-friendly holiday event. Friday, December 9, 2016, 4-8 pm
- Paws with Claus A professional photographer will capture you and your pet with Santa in this one-day event. There is no fee to get your picture taken, but donations to Grosse Pointe Animal Adoption Society are greatly appreciated! No appointment necessary. City Bark, Grosse Pointe, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 2-4 pm.
- Farmington Winter Artisans Market - unique works by artisans and craftsmen, specialty foods and drink, music, activities for children. Masonic Hall, Grand River & Farmington Road, Downtown Farmington, Saturdays only through December 23, 2016, 10 am - 2 pm.
- The Gallery - the official kick-off to the North American International Auto Show, a strolling dinner will be served by world-renowned chef Wolfgang Puck in the Ignite Lounge. Guests will then have the opportunity to stroll through the MGM Grand Ballroom and experience a nearly $7 million collection of the most amazing automobiles. MGM Grand Detroit, January 7, 2017
- North American International Auto Show - Cobo
The Gallery - January 7, 2017
Automobili-D - January 8-12, 2017
Press Preview - January 9-10, 2017
Industry Preview - January 11-12, 2017
Charity Preview - January 13, 2017
Public Show - January 14-22, 2017