Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- Murals In The Market - more than 50 local and international muralists will be painting live throughout the district over the course of 10 days in the second year of the city’s only international mural festival. Eastern Market area, Detroit, September 15-24, 2016
- DIY Street Fair - Artists, music, food, beer, kids zone and more. FREE ADMISSION. Downtown Ferndale, September 16-18, 2016
- Heritage Festival (formerly known as Victorian Festival) - Downtown Northville, September 16-18, 2016
- Parktoberfest - German themed bier garden with over 25 beers with seasonal specialty barrels from Munich and variety of delicious food options and live entertainment. Two locations: 1) Campus Martius, Downtown Detroit, Saturday, September 17, 2016, Noon to 8 PM and 2) Cadillac Square, Downtown Detroit, Saturday, September 17, 2016, Noon to Midnight.
- Paws in the Park - Memorial Park, Royal Oak, September 17-18, 2016
- Rouge Days Roll 2016 - Group bike ride from River Rouge across the FIXED Jefferson Avenue Bridge through Delray to Historic Fort Wayne, and then up to Springwells Village and back across the NEW Fort Street Bridge, returning to River Rouge in time to join in the parade and the Rouge Days Festivities. Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Detroit Design Festival -
The sixth-annual Detroit Design Festival (DDF), returns Sept. 21-25 with its annual citywide celebration of creativity. The event brings together designers and enthusiasts alike to celebrate Detroit’s role as a design capital. In celebration of Detroit’s new designation as a UNESCO City of Design – the first city in the United States – DDF events and programs will be exploring the ways in which design is shaping Detroit’s future. Signature events returning include: Eastern Market After Dark, Light Up Livernois, Youth Day, and an all-new Design Summit, and dozens of independent design happenings.
September 21-26, 2016
- Eastern Market After Dark - Celebrate Detroit design as one of the nation’s oldest public markets transforms into a creative district by night. More than 30 studios and galleries will open late throughout the district. Sheds 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be open with interactive experiences, brand activations with Detroit’s up-and-coming designers, designer spotlights, installations, and parties. Thursday, September 22, 2016
- The Detroit Wine Stroll - presented by the Detroit Area Art Deco Society. Check out several architecturally significant buildings while enjoying a variety of wines paired with a delicious appetizer at each unique venue. Angelina’s Bistro, 1565 Broadway St., Detroit, Saturday, September 24, 2016
- Open Streets Detroit - Open Streets Detroit, powered by Downtown Detroit Partnership and presented by DTE Energy Foundation, is part of a global movement to reclaim public space for people by temporarily transforming streets into paved parks and public spaces. Free and open to participants of all ages, Open Streets Detroit is proposed to temporarily close almost four miles of Michigan Avenue and West Vernor Highway to cars, creating space for healthy activities, walking and biking, community building, and connection to local retail. September 25 & October 2, 2016
- Redford Oktoberfest - Downtown Redford, September 30-October 1, 2016
- Oktoberfest in the Park - Atwater in the Park, Grosse Pointe Park, October 1-2, 2016
- PennTasteTic Downtown Restaurant Crawl - “Crawlers” can walk around downtown Plymouth enjoying delicious samples and treats from many of their favorite Plymouth restaurants. Tuesday, October 4, 2016
- Pumpkin Palooza-Children's Halloween Event - A family fun day with games, costume contest, dancing, entertainment, petting zoo, and candy. Downtown Plymouth, Sunday, October 23, 2016, Noon to 3:00 pm.