Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- Wayne County Lightfest - Lightfest features more than 47 giant animated displays and more than one million lights!
Join us for the LIGHTS ON CEREMONY on Thursday, November 15 at 6:00 PM as we kick off the 25th Anniversary of the Lightfest with music, refreshments and fireworks!
The fee for Lightfest is $5.00 cash per vehicle.
The entrance is on Merriman Road between Ann Arbor Trail and Warren Avenue in Westland. The address is 7651 Merriman Road in Westland. Lightfest will be open nightly from November 15 - December 31 from 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Monday - Friday and 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
Stop by the Santa Shelter for photos with Santa and refreshments from November 16 through December 23, 2018.
- Wild Lights at The Detroit Zoo - For 24 nights, more than five million LED lights will illuminate trees, buildings and 265 sculptures – more than 220 of which are animals – throughout the front half of the Zoo. Experience the magic of the Detroit Zoo in winter as you take in the lights and the sights and enjoy holiday entertainment and special activities for guests of all ages. Children younger than 2 are admitted free. Detroit Zoo, Royal Oak, November 17 - December, 31, 2018
- Holiday Markets at Eastern Market - Tuesday Holiday markets will feature foods your holiday meals and our Sunday Holiday markets will feature trees, carolers, & a wonderful selection of locally sourced gifts. Holiday Markets: Tues. 11/20 & 12/18, Sunday 11/25, 12/2, 12/9, & 12/16, 12/23, Eastern Market, Detroit
- America’s Thanksgiving Parade® presented by Art Van - Every year since 1924, thousands of Parade spectators line historic Woodward Avenue Thanksgiving morning to watch the larger than life floats, colorful helium-filled balloons, thunderous marching bands, and exciting specialty acts! Thursday, November 23, 2018
- Meadow Brook's Annual Holiday Walk - Take a self-guided tour through the rooms of the Great Estate trimmed in opulent holiday décor. Visit during the day or tour during extended evening hours . Self-guided Holiday Walk tours are offered daily from 11:00 to 4:00 and until 8:00 on select nights. On select evenings, visitors can stroll the grounds to enjoy this landmark trimmed in lights and sip hot cocoa while warming themselves by the fire. Meadow Brook Hall, Rochester, November 23 - December 23, 2018
- 46th annual Noel Night - over 120 participating venues, including the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Michigan Science Center, the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, the Detroit Historical Museum, Wayne State University and the College for Creative Studies, along with the area's historic churches, galleries, unique shops, nonprofit organizations, other arts, cultural and educational institutions, restaurants, bars and breweries, to name just a few. Noel Night is a Cultural Center-wide holiday open house that presents free activities including: horse-drawn carriage rides, holiday shopping, family craft activities and performances by over 200 area music, theatre, and dance groups, and other special performances. Free and open to the public. Cultural Center and Midtown District, Detroit, Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Downtown Rochester Kris Kringle Market - The Downtown Rochester Kris Kringle Market was inspired by the 700-year old tradition of the open-air Christmas markets throughout Europe. The event will feature one-of-a-kind shopping, specialty foods, fresh greens & wreaths and handcrafted gifts for the holiday. The event will be located on W. Fourth Street (between Walnut & Main). Friday, Nov 30 - Saturday, Dec 1, 2018
- North American International Auto Show - Cobo Center, January 14-27, 2019